1 the amount by which something increases
2 the statement of a theme in notes of greater duration (usually twice the length of the original) [ant: diminution]
3 the act of augmenting
- Rhymes: -eɪʃǝn
- The act or process of augmenting.
- A particular mark of honour, granted by the sovereign in consideration of some noble action, or by favour; and either quartered with the family arms, or on an escutcheon or canton.
- A surgical procedure to enlarge a body part, as breast augmentation.
- The stage of a disease during which symptoms increase or continue.
Augment may refer to:
- Augment (linguistics)
- Augmentation (music), the musical technique of lengthening or widening of rhythm or interval
- Augmentation (obstetrics), the process by which the first &/or second stages of an already established labour is accelerated or potentiated by deliberate and artificial means.
- Augmentation (psychiatry), the combination of two or more drugs to achieve better treatment results
- Synaptic augmentation, a form of short term synaptic plasticity
- Augmentation (heraldry), heraldic modifications
- Augment (Star Trek), in Star Trek, a group of genetically engineered humans.
- Augment (band)
- NLS (computer system), the pioneering computer hypertext system derived from Douglas Engelbart's oNLine System, renamed "Augment" by Tymshare
- Augmented (band)
- Nanotechnological augmentations, a feature in the computer game Deus Ex and its spiritual successor Project: Snowblind (renamed to "biomods" in its sequel, Deus Ex: Invisible War).
- Augmented reality
- Augmented cognition
augmentation in German: Augmentation